Tuesday, October 21, 2003

So, it has been a while since I have added to this. I do not like posting what I eat on an everyday basis. It bores me and I am sure you. So I have eaten out a couple of times in the past week so here is my break down for you. Please bear with me while I shape this blog into something worthwhile. I promise by this time next week I will have more fancy things on her like links and all that. If you have dummy instructions on how to add and links of neatness to this blog, please e-mail me.

Friday 10/10/03
I worked at eastside there where bands playing. I can not remember the name of the opening band but I enjoyed them. One of them was House of Large Sizes, which I must say where amazing. The bass player was so fun to watch. She had braided pigtails and bounced around a great deal. I must say the lead singer reminded me of Ted Leo in a weird way. I think it was something with his vocals. People always tell me that I end up being reminded of someone who has nothing to do with someone else. Well, to me in my head it works. The drummer reminded me of Dominique from Flickerstick. Flickerstick was the winner of VH1s bands on the run. Which was a funny and entertaining show. It was on Sundays at nine (I know Sundays the time I am fuzzy on) I would make sure I never missed an episode. I would cook a big dinner, do laundry and cuddle. Sometimes drink. I can not say why the drummer reminded me of Dominique from Flickerstick. Maybe because they where both drummers and it was the drumming style that was the same. They look nothing alike.

When I was all done at eastside I came home so hungry. I put the dogs in the kennel and hopped in the car. Headed out on 1-70 and drove to Dennys in Kingdom City. It was really nice outside cold, dark, quite and about three in the morning. The drive was short maybe because I was driven by hunger. When I arrived there, the nice white trash looking lady (aww the Midwest) let me pick where to sit. I love that, it makes me feel so special and even better I get my way. The white trash looking lady came over. She was fucking perky. I ordered a hot chocolate and a water to start. The hot chocolate came it was not to hot or to cold the temperature was great. However they did put whipped cream on top, which I find gross. When you stir it up the whipped cream at first is a big hard lump (it looks like something you would not want to drink in your hot chocolate) because I tried to stir it. When you first dunk the whipped cream, it just kept getting harder. A couple of stirs later I have nice hot chocolate with no signs of whipped cream. Next time I will ask for no whipped cream. I think they put that whipped cream on to rip me off from the hot chocolate goodness I want. She came back and I ordered a veggie omelet with wheat toast. The food came rather quick. I do recall a cop coming in while I was waiting for my food. He did not eat just came by to say hi. I was glad he did not stay. That way all the other tables in the non-smoking section where empty, I enjoy that. No one can hear your conversation and you are not stuck hearing anyone elses. My omelet was warm with the nice ripe and warm tomatoes, which are great. I love warm tomatoes on food. The omelet did have more mushrooms than I would have liked. I have this thing with mushrooms, they remind me of brain slices. It is hard to eat a lot of them when you think of brain slices. I swear they look just like them. There was a documentary I watched on how they archive famous historians brains. They are sliced up and put in between two sheets of glass. Well the mushrooms remind me of Albert Einstein brain (which is the one they pulled out to show the TV). Other than the abundance of mushrooms my omelet was good. The hash browns where greasy and crunchy at the same time. Oh Dennys how do you do such things. The toast they had pre-buttered for me. I guess I gave the impression that I wanted my toast wet with butter. I hate soggy toast, we are all old enough we can butter our toast on are own, thank you very much. Dennys over all was clean, free of bad doers. I give it a B. If I did not have to drive out of town to eat there the rating would have been higher. Did you hear that? Rich people of Columbia, we want a Dennys back.

10/19/03
On this lovely Sunday I checked my mail. I had received a magazine from AAA. I never really look through these but today I did. I get a discount at Pizza Hut. Then I got hunger. So I went off to the Pizza Hut on Worley. The waitress sat us in a booth, which makes me happy. There was only one other table with customers. It was quit, a little bit dirty. I scanned around and noticed to wipe the tables down more would have been nice. Everything seemed to either have grease, or pizza sauce. I ordered a Pepsi, and a veggie deep-dish pizza with a small order of breadsticks to start. When ordering I asked the waitress her preference between garlic bread and bread sticks, since both sounded appealing. She said the garlic bread was the best. Well since she was oily and messy, just like the restaurant I went with the breadsticks. I sat and waited. The breadsticks came to the table. The breadsticks where good but, hot. They burned the roof of my mouth Good but, hot. We scarfed them down. I ate the most. He he. Finally, the pizza arrived. It was good, swarmed with mushrooms on my second slice. That was disgusting. Really, in one bit the pizza had about five mushrooms. After that horrifying experience, I woofed down the rest. I would have to say the Pizza was good. Over all it could use a good mopping at Pizza Hut. I will have to give it a C.

10/20/03
Yesterday I went over to Buffalo Wild Wings. When I first walked in to Buffalo Wild Wings I smelled spicy food and beer. What a great smell. I went and sat in a section; to bad it was not the section of Bridget. If you go to wild wings she is the best. I ordered potato wedges and beer right off the bat. The food was fast and, so was the beer. My wedges could have been a little warm but the beer helped. I finished my food fast for me, had another beer. My waitress had to leave so I lucked out and Bridget came to help. My tummy was still in need of food so an order of onion rings filled the spot. I also had another beer. We had to be out by eight for other events of the night. I was sitting and waiting for the check, all those beers where catching up. I ran off to the bathroom. I must say the soap is great smelling and the restroom clean. When I came back I had the bill so I paid and left a nice tip. Sometime from when I arrived and left the place became packed. Never go on a Chiefs football night. The beer did help in ignoring the stupidity that was around me. I left a nice tip and made it home in time. If you have not eaten here then go. They have trivia and hot sauces. Bridget is the best waitress. The place is clean and has known bad smells. They also have the big beer table draft things. That is kind of cool. I have not ordered one... yet. The food is always the same, good. The deserts look not to applying but over all it is a good place to go. I give this an A-.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home